|Home >Police Enforcement > Tickets and Cash > Federal Appeals Court Calls Visual Speed Estimate Absurd|
Elliott went on to insist that he could estimate a car's speed without needing to estimate the distance it traveled. After hearing the case, a lower court refused to throw out the traffic stop as invalid.
- And how many feet are in a hundred yards?
- There's 12 feet in a yard.
- So 300 feet?
- How many feet are in a yard?
- How many feet? There's 12 feet in a yard.
- Well, do you know what a yardstick is?
- Yes, sir.
- How many inches in a yardstick?
- Well, on a yardstick there's 12 inches. Well, it depends on the yard stick that . . . you have.
Front Page | Get Updates |
Site Map |
News Archive |
TheNewspaper.com: Driving politics